The Council of Management met on 5 December and made the following decisions.
- It approved a revenue budget and a business plan to run through 2018.
- It appointed Matthew Jelfs and Ellie Wilmshurst as co-opted members of the Council with effect from 1 January 2018. This followed an open and competitive recruitment process.
- It approved protocols on training and communications for Council members.
- It reviewed and renewed the charity’s advisory panels covering scientific awards, research, women and health and clinical practice.
- It reviewed, updated and renewed its scheme of delegation. This is the record of how the Council manages its authority.
- It received and considered a report that outlined a series of measures designed to invigorate membership in 2018.
- It appointed Dr Jim Morrow as its champion for research to ensure that the Council does not lose sight of the importance of epilepsy research.
- It reviewed the top ten risks the charity is exposed to and ensured adequate measures are in place to manage those risks.
- It adopted a policy that specifically excludes the charity’s involvement with or benefit from any activity (such as boxing) that involves deliberate actions designed to cause damage or injury to the head/brain.
- It reappointed Darren Millar AM, Laura Sandys and Stephen Twigg MP as vice Presidents of the Association when their current terms of office expire at the date of the AGM in June 2018.
The next meeting of the Council of Management will be on 6 February 2018.
Thursday 14 December 2017 - 13:54