The Council of Management met on 3 December and made the following decisions.
- It approved a revenue budget and a business plan to run through 2020.
- It reviewed and renewed the charity’s advisory panels covering scientific awards, research, women and health and clinical practice.
- It appointed Dr Hayley Gorton, Dr Rhys Thomas and Christine Hanson as new members of the charity’s Health and Clinical advisory panel.
- It appointed Deborah McCrudden and Dr Michael Kinney as new members of the Northern Ireland National Advisory Council.
- It reviewed, updated and renewed its scheme of delegation. This is the record of how the Council manages its authority.
- It reviewed the charity’s corporate risk register and ensured adequate measures are in place to manage those risks.
- It reappointed Karen Armstrong, Evan Harris, Paul Maynard, Lord Smith and Ray Tallis as Vice Presidents of the Association when their current term of office expires at the date of the AGM in June 2020.
- It appointed Sarah Lawson as a member of the Council Corporate Governance committee.
The next meeting of the Council of Management will be on 7 April 2020.
Friday 6 December 2019