If you are asked to do an interview, don’t panic! The interviewer will want you to do your best.
- Prepare in advance. Ask what the first question will be so you can get off to a confident start.
- Relax and assume that the interviewer is interested but not particularly knowledgeable about your field.
- Remember that you have some control over the way the interview goes. If it is pre-recorded, you can always re-do an answer.
- Don’t use acronyms (eg PCT) or jargon and keep it simple. Concentrate on making three strong points in an interview, this is the maximum an audience can remember.
- Don’t interrupt as this can sound aggressive.
- Do mention the name of your group, if you are part of one, at least once.