What is the Epilepsy Aware scheme?
The Epilepsy Aware scheme has been set up to support GP practices and pharmacists in their understanding of epilepsy. By signing up, all members agree to:
• Provide their patients with information about epilepsy and their medication
• Discuss issues about anti-epileptic medication including side effects, consistency of supply and drug interactions
• Promote the Freephone Epilepsy Helpline on 0808 800 5050 and our website
Why should I join?
There are many benefits of being a member, including:
• Free copies of our advice and information materials up to the value of £20
• Where possible, a discounted epilepsy awareness session delivered locally
• A complimentary copy and discounted membership to our Epilepsy Professional magazine
• Guidance for pharmacists in conducting Medicines Use Reviews, which is currently being developed
• Our biannual newsletter
• Free epilepsy first aid posters
• Free helpline promotional cards
• Improved access to our advice and information materials and template care plans within clinical software
How do I join?
If you are a GP surgery or pharmacy who wishes to join, all you need to do is complete a short registration form.
For questions or enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org