There isn’t just one reason to run the Virgin Money London Marathon, there are 600,000. That’s the number of people living with epilepsy in the UK.
When: Sunday 23 April 2017
Where: London, United Kingdom
Distance: 26.2 Miles
About the London Marathon
The Virgin Money London Marathon is one of the World Marathon Majors. The course starts in the beautiful Greenwich Park and takes you past London’s famous sights including Cutty Sark, Canary Wharf, Tower of London and Nelson’s Column, before finishing in front of Buckingham Palace.
Choosing to run for Epilepsy Action could make a huge difference to the 87 people who receive an epilepsy diagnosis every day. It’s thanks to incredible runners like you that nobody will have to face living with epilepsy alone.
View photos from the 2016 Virgin Money London Marathon.
If you have been successful in the London Marathon ballot, we would be delighted to have you on our team! There is no set minimum sponsorship, we simply ask you to raise what you can.
All Epilepsy Action charity places have now been allocated.
How we will support you
We will support you every step of the way and all of our runners will receive:
- An Epilepsy Action fundraising pack
- Post-race reception with refreshments and sports massage
- Support from our cheering squad along the route
- Fundraising advice and encouragement from our dedicated team
- Access to our Epilepsy Action Heroes Facebook group
- Free technical running vest with your name on the front
- Cheering squad packs for your friends and family
For further information
For further information on the 2017 Virgin Money London Marathon, please contact our events team on +44 (0)113 210 8821 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org