Epilepsy Action Tea Break - Friday 21 October
- 300g-baking margarine
- 300g-soft brown sugar
- 3-medium eggs
- 200g-self-raising flour
- 2 tsp-baking powder
- 2 tbsp-milk
- 100g-smooth peanut butter
- 50g-salted butter
- 100g-icing sugar
- 80ml-double cream
- 100g-salted peanuts
- 100g-milk chocolate
- 50g-salted butter
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰c or gas mark 4 and line a muffin tray with large muffin cases
- Cream 300g baking margarine and 300g soft brown sugar in a stand mixer or with an electric hand beater until it is fluffy and pale – this will take at least 5 minutes
- Beat into the mixture the 3 medium eggs one by one – it shouldn’t curdle but don’t worry too much if it does
- Weigh the 200g self-raising flour, the 100g cocoa and 1 teaspoon of baking powder into the bowl and then fold the ingredients together with the 2 tablespoons of milk (any type) until the flour is just incorporated
- Fill the muffin cases ¾ full with the mixture and bake for 20 minutes or until a cocktail stick comes out clean and then leave to cool in the pans for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire cooling rack
- In a microwave carefully melt the chocolate and the butter and mix together
- In the bowl of a stand mixer beat the 50g salted butter with 100g smooth peanut butter scraping down the bowl every now until the two are completely smooth
- On a low speed add the icing sugar one tablespoon at a time and then beat for about 5 minutes on a high speed
- Add the double cream and beat on a high speed until smooth and fluffy
- Once the cakes are completely cool generously pipe the buttercream in a swirl on top of each cake and then generously sprinkle with peanuts and then drizzle the chocolate over the top
Why has this recipe been donated to Epilepsy Action?
A cup of coffee and a piece of cake can make a real difference for people with epilepsy.
Epilepsy Action’s network of coffee and chat groups can provide a life line to people who might be feeling isolated because of the condition. Coffee and chat groups give people affected by epilepsy an opportunity to come together and share their experiences.
Text ACT NOW to 70700 to donate £5, the cost of a cup of coffee and piece of cake, to Epilepsy Action. Together we can make sure no-one has to face epilepsy alone. Terms and conditions.
Want to hold your own Tea Break?
Each year in October, Epilepsy Action holds a fundraising event called Tea Break, asking people to pop the kettle on, make a brew, bake a cake and have a cuppa with us! The money raised goes towards helping everyone affected by epilepsy in the UK!
Holding a Tea Break really is a piece of cake! Whether it’s a cup of tea and a cake in your kitchen or a tea party at your workplace, you can hold your Tea Break anywhere and invite anybody along to share the fun. In the past, we have had Tea Breaks registered all over the UK; from Cornwall to Scotland, in schools, homes and workplaces.
If reading this recipe has inspired you to hold a Tea Break for Epilepsy Action, why not register for your free fundraising pack now and bake a difference?