By supplying your details above you are agreeing to be contacted by these methods in connection with being a media volunteer.
Please tell us about your medical history so we know more about how your epilepsy affects you.
Below are some questions to give you an idea of the kind of information we would find useful.
• When did you first develop epilepsy? When were you diagnosed?
• What type of epilepsy do you have? What are your seizures like?
• How often do you have seizures, or how long have you been seizure-free?
• What are the triggers for your seizures?
• Do you take epilepsy medicines?
• Have you had any other types of treatments and how did they work out for you?
Please tell us about the impact epilepsy has had on your life.
You might want to talk about how it’s affected your health, employment or education. Again we have listed some questions to help guide you.
• How has epilepsy impacted on your life?
• Are there any barriers you have had to overcome?
• Are there any achievements you are particularly proud of?
• Are there any issues you feel passionately about?
• Have you had any particularly positive or negative experiences?
• Has Epilepsy Action helped you in any way, such as through a branch or its helpline? Please give details.
If you are not happy to be photographed, this limits how we can use your story in the media.
Requests from the media can come through at short notice, with a tight deadline. This means we will usually try to contact you by phone, probably on week days between 9am and 5pm. If we are unable to contact you, please tell us if we can leave a message for you, either on your answer phone or with another person answering the phone. (Please tick Yes or No below).