Is your family affected by epilepsy? Do you have a child with epilepsy? Do you need practical advice on how to support a family member with epilepsy?
If so then why not come along to Epilepsy Action’s family day, in Bradford. There’s something for the whole family. You’re welcome to join us on your own or you can bring everyone along.
For adults we have a range of workshops and talks on how to:
- Live safely with epilepsy
- Manage epilepsy with the ketogenic diet
- Give basic first aid for seizures
- Manage stress and its impact on your epilepsy
There will be activities for children and young people too, including a variety of arts workshops and African drumming. The sessions are suitable for children and young people aged five to 16 and will be tailored to their interests.
Some workshops will mainly be of interest to parents and carers, but others will be relevant to anybody affected by epilepsy. If you would like more details about the workshops please contact email@example.com
This event has been kindly sponsored by the Sovereign Health Care Charitable Trust. This has allowed us to keep the cost low at between £4 and £8. Children and young people, under 18, can attend free of charge. Prices include refreshments and lunch.
- Employed £8
- Concession £6
- Epilepsy Action member £5
- Epilepsy Action member (concession) £4
Online booking has now closed. But you can just come along on the morning and buy your ticket on the door.
How to get there
Heaton Mount can be reached easily from Bradford and Shipley railway stations. There are frequent buses and it has on-site parking.
If you’re travelling from outside of West Yorkshire and want to stay overnight you can book a room direct with Heaton Mount. A double room with breakfast costs £60.
Before you attend please note the following:
- Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by an adult
- We ask you to stay on the premises all day if you have come with a young person or child. There will be first aiders on site
- We welcome young people who have complex conditions as well as epilepsy
- We are unable to offer one-to-one support.
Please note that the programme may be subject to change.
Epilepsy Action acknowledges the generous support of the Sovereign Health Care Charitable Trust
If you notice an error with this entry, please tell us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org