The workshop will explore ways to improve seizure control including, surgery for epilepsy; vagus nerve stimulation (VNS); stress management and taking steps to a better life with epilepsy self management.
Sold out - bookings are now closed.
Of the 600,000 people living with epilepsy in the UK, around 288,000 are still experiencing seizures. We estimate that with better treatment 108,000 more people could become seizure free. These events support and encourage people whose seizures are not controlled to ask for better treatment and encourage increased self-management.
Join us at our Glasgow workshop and:
- Hear from both Epilepsy Action and Epilepsy Connections staff in this joint workshop
- Take part in a workshop on taking steps to live better with epilepsy - an introduction to self management
- Learn new skills to help manage your health and wellbeing
- Find out about epilepsy treatments that may work for you
- Hear from medical experts about other treatments, including:
Janice Fyall, paediatric epilepsy specialist nurse, Royal Hospital for sick children, Edinburgh
Gareth Davison, epilepsy specialist nurse
- Hear from Katie Ford, ultra cyclist and fundraiser and Christine Jeans from Sudep Action
There is a free nearby creche that you can register your child at while you attend the workshop. Located at Elder Park Library and Learning Centre, 228A Langland's Rd, Glasgow G51 3TZ - 10 minutes away from the conference venue. To make a booking please contact Irene on 0141 248 4125 or email email@example.com
Prices (includes lunch):
- £10 delegate
- £8 member
- £6 concession
- £4 member concession
For more details contact Cliff Challenger at Epilepsy Action on 01274 640 064 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you notice an error with this entry, please tell us by emailing email@example.com