We want to you find out about the treatment options available. Plus we want to give you a face–to–face opportunity to learn about the resources we can offer to support you in managing your epilepsy.
By coming, you'll:
- get to know the treatments available for epilepsy beyond medication
- learn about the eight steps we suggest to better treatment
- find out about how Epilepsy Action can help you
- learn new skills to help manage health and wellbeing
- get better quality of life through self–care
The events aim to impact on your self-management levels, psychological wellbeing, quality of life, knowledge, skills and confidence.
Speakers and topics include:
- Living with epilepsy, a holistic approach; Jenny Piedot, epilepsy specialist nurse, Torbay and Southern Devon Health Trust
- Surgery and VNS; Teresa Smith, epilepsy specialist nurse, Musgrove Park Hospital, Taunton
- My ketogenic diet – personal experience; Bethan Davies, Epilepsy Action volunteer
- My son’s surgery – personal experience; Zoe Ellis, Jude’s mum
- Applying for a personal independence payment (PIP) and the assessment process; Wayne Johnson, Torbay Advice Network
- plus workshops and discussions on lifestyle and welfare benefits
Tickets start at just £4.
This is one of a series of workshop events across the UK we'll be running on the same topics over 2016.
This event is sponsored by LivaNova. LivaNova developed and markets the Vagal Nerve Stimulation (VNS) therapy system. LivaNova has no editoral control on the content.
If you notice an error with this entry, please tell us by emailing email@example.com