We want to you find out about the treatment options available. Plus we want to give you a face–to–face opportunity to learn about the resources we can offer to support you in managing your epilepsy.
By coming, you'll:
- know more about treatments available for epilepsy beyond medication
- learn about the eight steps we suggest to better treatment
- gain a better understanding of epilepsy
- listen and discuss with experts in the field of epilepsy
- gain knowledge of resources from Epilepsy Action.
- learn new skills to help manage health and wellbeing
- achieve a better quality of life through self-care, and
- hear from others about what works for them
The events aim to impact on your self-management levels, psychological wellbeing, quality of life, knowledge, skills and confidence.
The day includes a consultant’s presentation (with questions and answers) in the morning followed by consultant and nurse-led workshops in the afternoon. Speakers include
- Dr John McAuley, consultant neurologist at Queen Hospital Romford
- Adele Larkin, epilepsy nurse specialist at Queen’s Hospital Romford, and
- Dr Aidan Neligan, consultant neurologist specialising in epilepsy and Homerton and Queens Hospitals
Tickets start at just £4. The event starts at 10am and ends at 4pm. Lunch and refreshements will be provided.
This is one of a series of workshop events across the UK we'll be running on the same topics over 2016.
People with epilepsy and anyone with an interest in treatment options and better self-management.
Of the 600,000 people living with epilepsy in the UK, around 288,000 are still experiencing seizures. We estimate that with better treatment 108,000 more people could become seizure free. These events support and encourage people whose seizures are not controlled to ask for better treatment and encourage increased self-management.
This event is sponsored by LivaNova. LivaNova developed and markets the Vagal Nerve Stimulation (VNS) therapy system. LivaNova has no editoral control on the content.
If you notice an error with this entry, please tell us by emailing email@example.com