The Epilepsy Action Helping Hands Awards are back!
The past 12 months have been a huge struggle for everyone. For those with epilepsy, perhaps even tougher than usual. We know there are ordinary people out there who have thought nothing of helping others when they really needed it. They are the nation’s epilepsy heroes and we want to hear all about them!
So, who are these amazing people who have improved lives for people with epilepsy?
They could be a schoolteacher who gave extra support during lockdown, a stranger who looked after you during a seizure, or a fundraiser who conquered an epic challenge. Whoever your hero is, is, consider nominating them for one of Epilepsy Action’s Helping Hands Awards. This is your chance to celebrate them and tell the world the difference they have made.
Our judging criteria is explained below along with some handy hints for writing your submission.
Please nominate below and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
Nominations will close on Sunday 15 August 2021. Good luck!
Judging criteria, handy hints and terms and conditions
Epilepsy Action will consider all the nominations made within the deadline.
We are looking for up to 10 people or organisations who have helped you, or a loved one with epilepsy, in the past 12 months (July 2020-June 2021). Make sure you tell us how they:
- have shown passion and dedication to help people with epilepsy
- have gone above and beyond with their actions
- have had a positive impact, be it on one person or the wider world
When writing your nomination, please give as much detail as you can. Try to describe:
- Your (or their) connection to epilepsy and it impacts on your life, or on the life of someone you care for
- A particular incident or time when help was most needed
- What the person or organisation did that was so special, helpful, or even life-saving
- The impact their support has had on you, or on other people with epilepsy
- Why they deserve to be recognised with this award
- Nominations close at 11.59pm on Sunday 15 August 2021
- The Epilepsy Action Helping Hands judging panel chooses who they feel are the most deserving winners, regardless of the number of nominations received
- If you are successful with your nomination, we will let you know in September and to seek contact details for the person you have nominated
- Information submitted as part of a nomination may be included by Epilepsy Action in a press release, on our website and on social media, in relation to the Helping Hands Awards
- Personal Data will be processed in accordance with our privacy statement