An agreed pathway where primary and secondary care share responsibility and communicate effectively is important in the management of epilepsy. We are keen to work with primary care to increase knowledge and awareness about epilepsy.
A QOF epilepsy checklist is available for those in primary care, as well as other two-sided information leaflets:
- An introduction to epilepsy
- Diagnosing epilepsy
- Treatment and SUDEP
- Safety and epilepsy
- Driving and epilepsy
- First aid
- Contraception, conception and pregnancy
- Information from your doctor following a first tonic-clonic seizure
- Information from falls clinic following a first tonic-clonic (grand-mal) seizure
- Developing epilepsy in later life
Primary care resource pack
Our Primary care resource pack has been developed to help practices to implement services for epilepsy patients in line with recently updated national guidance and the QOF.
The Epilepsy Aware scheme makes GP practices and pharmacies more aware of the needs of people with epilepsy. Computer software templates are also available for practices using SystmOne which can be used to guide the annual review for patients with epilepsy.