Neurological patient experience survey.
About the study
The survey is by The Neurological Alliance, who work with other organisations to make life better for millions of people in England with a neurological condition.
Through the patient experience survey, The Neurological Alliance aims to positively influence the future quality of neuro health and social care services. Too often services fall below the expected standard. This survey aims to help change that.
Epilepsy Action fully supports the Neurological Alliance in its ambitions. We welcome the survey as an important tool in gathering shared insights across neurological conditions. The neurology community is strong when it stands together.
When will this study be recruiting?
From 17 October 2018 to 22 March 2019.
What will happen with the results?
The Neurological Alliance will publish a survey report in summer 2019. This report will set out a comprehensive picture of what is happening in relation to neurological services and make recommendations about how care can be improved.
Epilepsy Action will review the report and consider the findings.
Previous patient experience surveys by The Neurological Alliance have had significant impacts:
- Made the case for continued national leadership for neurology and the creation of the National Neuro Advisory Group
- Work with the National Neuro Advisory Group to prioritise care planning and communication with patients
- Worked with the NHS to develop long term plans
- Published a report on mental health and neurology
- Influenced the development of NICE guidance on suspected neurological conditions
- Working with the press and media successfully raised the profile of neurology
How do I complete the survey?
Participants will be asked to complete a survey. The survey make take around 25 minutes to compelte. It is for anyone with a neurological condition (including epilepsy) living in England. Carers can help complete the survey.
Please be aware that you cannot save your answers and come back later. Your responses are completely confidential and anonymous.
Thank you - each response makes a difference.