Epilepsy Action is offering five travel bursaries of up to £200 each. This is to support UK-based postgraduate researchers to present a poster at the ILAE British & Irish Chapters Annual Scientific Meeting in Dublin, 5 – 7 October 2016.
- Applicants should be resident within the UK
- Full time students and Healthcare staff, for example nurses, can apply
- Applicants should have already submitted a poster to present their work at the ILAE conference
- The epilepsy research being presented should be non-laboratory based
- The research must be relevant to Epilepsy Action’s 10 goals (see below)
By 2022, we aim to see:
- Fewer epilepsy related deaths
- Rates of epilepsy misdiagnosis going down
- More people achieving seizure control
- Fewer people having harmful side-effects from anti-epileptic drugs
- People with epilepsy informed about their condition and their views influencing their care and treatment
- A reduction in the indicators of stigma
- Evidence of positive changes in public attitudes
- Evidence of greater social inclusion of people with epilepsy
Use of a travel bursary
The bursary may be used to help with travel, accommodation or registration costs to attend the ILAE conference.
Assessment and selection
Applications will be reviewed by Epilepsy Action’s Research Committee. The assessors will take into account the following criteria:
- The research is original
- The research is of good quality
- The research is relevant to people with epilepsy
- The research is relevant to Epilepsy Action’s ten year goals
- The applicant is worthy of support and likely to continue work in epilepsy
Applicants will be informed of the outcome within three weeks of the closing date.
Requirements of Epilepsy Action
Epilepsy Action requires the successful applicants to acknowledge our support by displaying the Epilepsy Action logo on the poster.
The deadline for applications is 1pm, 1 July 2016.
Payment of the travel bursary
Payment will be made retrospectively, on receipt of proof that the conference was attended, copy of the poster and original receipts.
Applying for the travel bursary
Download an application form and follow the instructions on there.
If you would like any further information, please contact Amanda Stoneman, Research and Evaluation Officer, tel: 0113 210 8805, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated February 2016To be reviewed February 2019