- These terms and conditions are the lottery rules by which the raffle is operated. By entering the raffle, entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
- This raffle is being promoted by and on behalf of Epilepsy Action.
- Monies raised from this raffle will support the general work of Epilepsy Action.
- Epilepsy Action is the working name of British Epilepsy Association. Registered as a charity in England (No. 234343).
- Promoter: Mr P Lee, British Epilepsy Association, New Anstey House, Gate Way Drive, Yeadon, Leeds, LS19 7XY. Epilepsy Action is the working name of the British Epilepsy Association.
- For the purpose of the Gambling Act 2005, this raffle is defined as a ‘society lottery’.
- Registered with the Gambling Commission under the Gambling Act 2005 www.gamblingcomission.gov.uk:
Operating licence 000-005195-N-307583-007
Remote operating licence: 000-005195-A-315574-005
- Epilepsy Action personnel or their families may not enter the raffle or claim a prize.
- In line with our social responsibility, entrants agree to be contacted by the raffle administrator to enquire about the purchase of large numbers of tickets.
- Epilepsy Action cannot accept responsibility for raffle tickets which are:
Furthermore, Epilepsy Action cannot accept responsibility for:
- Being unable to identify the prize-winner
- Any technical failure
- Any event which may cause the competition to be disrupted or corrupted
- Tickets may not be sold to or by any person under 16 years old. Prizes may not be claimed by any person under 16 years of old. Proof of age will be required for any potential entrant suspected of being underage.
- In line with our social responsibility, entrants agree to be contacted by the raffle administrator randomly to check the entrant’s age.
- If a ticket is sold unknowingly to, or purchased on behalf of, a person under the age of 16, that entry will be exempt from the raffle. Any prize must be forfeited and the original stake returned.
- Refunds will only be provided if it comes to the attention of Epilepsy Action that a ticket has been sold to anyone:
- Under 16 years of age
- Considered vulnerable
- Who has previously signed a self-exclusion with Epilepsy Action on the grounds of problem gambling
- Tickets should not be sold on the street or door-to-door.
- Raffle entry is open to anyone who fulfils the raffle terms and conditions. People in Northern Ireland are not allowed to sell tickets to anyone else.
- Only tickets for which full payment has been received can be entered into the draw and therefore be eligible to win a prize.
- All entrants must be registered by full name and address.
- All entrants are solely responsible for providing Epilepsy Action with their accurate and up-to-date contact details. Epilepsy Action cannot be held liable for inability to contact entrants if this is due to any entrant providing incomplete or inaccurate contact details.
- In the event that an entrant changes their contact details, they will be solely responsible for advising Epilepsy Action of the change on 0113 210 8800.
- Prizes will be allocated in order of the tickets being drawn, beginning with the 1st prize.
- Tickets will be drawn at random. People or staff members not directly involved in the raffle draw will be asked to draw the winning tickets and witnesses to sign a witness declaration, which will be kept on file.
- Any prizes unclaimed 6 month following the draw, will be put back into use by Epilepsy Action for its charitable purposes.
- Feedback or complaints should be directed to epilepsy.org.uk/complaints or call our nominated complaints officer James Wainwright on 0113 210 8827.Any complaints that cannot be resolved internally will be referred to the Independent Betting Adjudication Service (IBAS)
- Epilepsy Action encourages people to gamble responsibly and seek help if gambling becomes a problem. If you feel you have a problem with gambling, visit www.gambleaware.co.uk or call the GamCare National Helpline free on 0808 8020 133.
- If you have a gambling problem, as defined in the Gambling Action 2005, and want to be removed from Epilepsy Action’s prize-led fundraising (self-exclude), please let us know. Phone 0113 210 8822 or emailing email@example.com for a Self-Exclusion form.
- Supporters taking this step will be excluded from any prize-led fundraising activity for a minimum of 6 months from the date of their exclusion request and until Epilepsy Action receives a signed agreement to re-enter.
- Epilepsy Action reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of these rules.
Thursday 10 January 2019 - 12:11