There isn't just one reason to take part in the Inca Trail Trek, there are 600,000! That's the number of people living with epilepsy in the UK right now.
When: 15 - 24 May or 31 July - 9 August or 6 -15 November 2020
Where: Peru, South America
Trek the one and only Inca Trail to Machu Picchu - one of the New Seven Wonders of the World! You will fly to Cussco where you will begin acclimatisation treks while getting to know your tour group. Then it’s time to begin the Inca Trail! You’ll cover 3 high mountain passes – the highest being 4,200m. The trek takes you through a number of archaeological sites and passes through the majestic Sun Gate. Where you will get your first glimpse of the Machu Picchu ruins.
The trek will be tough, but when you see Machu Picchu and the breath-taking views across the Andes your efforts will be made more than worthwhile. There will be a chance for you to get some photos of you in this iconic location - maybe even one of you in your Epilepsy Action T-shirt!
Whether you’re a seasoned trekker or are taking on your first trekking challenge, you’ll be fully supported throughout the event. Porters, chefs, medics and fully trained guides will all be on hand to help you every step of the way!
There are two options available. Please decide which is best for you before registering. Find out more on the Global Adventure Challenges website.
- Option A - Minimum sponsorship: Registration fee £299, trek permit £200, minimum sponsorship pledge £3,450, plus airport tax and fuel surcharge contribution of £250
- Option B – Self-funding: Registration fee £299, trek permit £200, self-funding payment £1,725, plus airport tax and fuel surcharge contribution of £250
How we will support you
All our participants will receive:
- A fundraising pack filled with ideas on how to reach your target
- An official Epilepsy Action T-shirt
- Free training plans and kit list provided by Global Adventure Challenges
- Fundraising support and encouragement from our dedicated team
For further information
For further information about our overseas events, please contact our events team on +44 (0)113 210 8821 or email firstname.lastname@example.org