Supporting and caring for people with epilepsy
is an online course for care and support workers.
It gives you all the knowledge and skills you need to support people with epilepsy. By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Recognise different types of seizure
- Know what to do if someone has a seizure
- Put safety measures into place to keep people safe
- Understand how epilepsy is treated
- Understand the impact of epilepsy on daily life and wellbeing
The course covers all aspects of epilepsy awareness. You will also find out how to use epilepsy care plans and conduct simple risk assessments.
The course costs £30 inc. VAT per person.
About the course
The course takes around 2-3 hours. You can complete it at your own pace on any computer or tablet with an internet connection.
During the course you will learn new information, watch videos, and complete activities.
There is a final test to check your knowledge. When you pass, you will receive a certificate of completion for your records.
All the course material is based on up-to-date medical evidence and peer-reviewed by healthcare professionals. It is informed by NICE guidance and the CQC fundamental standards.
The course has been completed by staff from across the social care sector:
- 99% would recommend the course to a colleague
- 91% found the course very useful
- 81% now feel very confident that they can support people with epilepsy
"I would like to say that as a 35 year + qualified nurse and having spent many, many years at the front line as well as in senior management this programme was as good as I have experienced. I can’t recommend this training enough and we have begun already rolling it out across our organisation from directors to housekeepers."
- Paul Smith, Managing Director, MBi Social Care
"A well written, easy-to-use, non-patronising course."
- Liz, epilepsy nurse specialist
Our learning platform works on any computer, tablet or smartphone with an internet connection.
"It teaches you a lot more than you THINK you know!"
- Anne-Marie, support worker
"Straightforward and easy to follow."
- Sam, senior carer