Do you have a computer? Do you enjoy surfing the World Wide Web? As an admin and research volunteer you will be supporting the fundraising team through a variety of office based administration tasks.
What is the purpose of the role?
We are looking for enthusiastic and organised volunteers to help support the fundraising team by assisting them with a variety of administration and research tasks.
- Researching and collating data on potential fundraising sources
- General administration tasks as required
- Helping with mail outs to supporters
- Administering data
What skills and experience do I need?
- You will need basic IT skills, including the use of Microsoft Office (in particular Microsoft Excel)
- Good attention to detail
- Enjoy working within a team
- Some experience of working with databases (and other office administration) would be useful but is not essential
What support and training will I receive?
Full training and support will be provided by a member of the team to ensure you are happy and feel comfortable in your chosen role.
What can I expect from the role?
The opportunity to:
- Develop and use your IT skills as well as gain general administration experience
- Learn and gain insight into the ways in which a national charity operates and raises funds
- Be part of a dedicated team of staff and volunteers working together to improve the lives of everyone affected by epilepsy
What will I receive in return?
- Constant support from your dedicated contact within the Fundraising Team who will be on hand at all times to answer any queries you may have
- By giving your time and sharing your skills you will experience a sense of pride knowing you have made a difference to the lives of people with epilepsy
Project dependent – hours are flexible and can be arranged to suit you
Reasonable expenses will be repaid.
Do I need references?
For an informal chat about this role please contact us on 0113 210 8800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Meet Jessica. Jessica graduated from university and wanted to enhance her CV while looking for work. Jessica became an admin and research volunteer for Epilepsy Action.
“Being a volunteer for Epilepsy Action has been a great experience and a fantastic opportunity for me. It was a pleasure to work with such an enthusiastic fundraising team. The role gave me the opportunity to do different types of work and is a great addition to my CV.”