What is the purpose of the role?
To provide the branch with leadership and guide the branch in developing activities
- Act as the main contact for the branch
- Liaise with the Local Services Manager
- Chair meetings
- Ensure that decisions are carried out
- Communicate with members regularly
- Provide information on branch and branch committee activities
- Ensure proper governance of the branch and branch committee (compliance with financial regulations, health and safety requirements, effective administration and record keeping)
What skills and experience do I need?
- Good leader and organiser
- Good communicator, enthusiastic and confident; able to motivate others to assist and get involved
- Capable of acting with discretion and maintaining confidentiality
- Willing to learn and develop themselves in the role
- Open to new ideas and initiatives to develop the branch and activities
- Positive attitude to people with long term health needs
- Experience of organising and/or chairing groups and meetings, including record keeping aspects
- Public speaking experience
What support and training will I receive?
Support from Local Services Manager
Minimum one day a month
Travel to meetings and branch events
Reasonable expenses will be repaid
For an informal chat about this role please contact us on 0113 210 8800 or email email@example.com