What is the purpose of the role?
Responsible for the proper handling of branch finances in accordance with Epilepsy Action’s policies and procedures
- Handle the financial affairs of the branch in a businesslike way
- Prepare branch financial reports and forecasts for the committee
- Alerting the chair and committee to important or urgent matters relating to finance or financial governance
- Account fully for all money due, paid and collected, ensuring that all money is handled and transactions recorded appropriately
- Prepare timely financial returns
What skills and experience do I need?
- Conscientious and reliable
- Competent at money handling and keeping financial records
- Capable of acting with discretion and maintaining confidentiality
- Positive attitude to people with long term health needs
- Experience of supporting groups/committees and managing their accounts
What support and training will I receive?
Support from Local Services Manager
Minimum one day a month
Travel to meetings and branch events
Reasonable expenses will be repaid
For an informal chat about this role please contact us on 0113 210 8800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org