What is the purpose of the role?
To support the effective running of a coffee and chat group. To provide a link between the people attending the coffee and chat group and Epilepsy Action
- Be a contact person for the group and Epilepsy Action
- Ensure a welcoming environment
- Use the travelling kit to make attendees aware of available information
What skills and experience do I need?
- Friendly, welcoming manner
- Willingness to attend coffee and chat groups on a regular basis
- Open to new ideas and initiatives to make the group an interesting place for people to attend
- Positive attitude to people with long term health needs
- Ability to enable others to become confident
What support and training will I receive?
- Support from Local Services Manager
- Training - We run a brief, informal session
- Attend the coffee and chat group meetings
- Phone or email contact with the local services manager monthly
- Volunteer for at least a year with us, but this is negotiable
- Travel to group meetings
- Reasonable expenses will be repaid
For an informal chat about this role please contact us on 0113 210 8800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org