Do you have a friendly smile and an approachable personality? Join our team of collections volunteers and you will not only be helping to raise awareness butalso collecting vital funds.
What is the purpose of the role?
With over 95 per cent of income in the form of voluntary donations we rely heavily on the support of the general public to fund our vital services.
Volunteering within your local supermarket, station, theatre or shoppingcentre you may be helping to manage a collection, or packing bags in fancy dress!
What skills and experience do I need?
A friendly, approachable and enthusiastic attitude.
What support and training will I receive?
Full training and support will be provided by a member of the team to ensure you are happy and feel comfortable in your chosen role.
What can I expect from the role?
The opportunity to:
- Meet and chat to new people within the local community
- Use and develop your communications skills
- Be part of a dedicated team of staff and volunteers working together to improve the lives of everyone affected by epilepsy
What will I receive in return?
- Constant support from your dedicated contact within the Fundraising Team who will be on hand at all times to answer any queries you may have
- By giving your time you will experience a sense of pride knowing you have made a difference to the lives of people with epilepsy
Hours are dependent on chosen collection but roughly last between 2-3 hours.
Various locations within your local community.
Reasonable expenses will be repaid.
Do I need references?
For an informal chat about this role please contact us on 0113 210 8800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“I love helping out as a collections volunteer… It’s such a great feeling to be part of something raising money for Epilepsy Action.”