What is the purpose of the role?
To use your professional communications skills to support our team with PR, campaigns, journalism, photography or design
Work with our in-house staff in one of the following ways.
- Photographic or design work.
- Write content for our magazines, published on- and offline.
- Contribute to PR and campaigns work.
- Promotion of Epilepsy Action.
What skills and experience do I need?
Able and willing to use current software, systems and equipment.
- Photographers – we use Photoshop and require digital images
- Designers – we use Adobe Creative Suite and QuarkXpress on Macs
- Journalists – files will need to be Microsoft Office compatible
- Able and willing to promote Epilepsy Action
What support and training will I receive?
- Our Senior PR and media officer (public relations)
- Our PR and campaigns manager (PR responsibility)
- Our Editorial officer (journalism and photography)
- Our Publications Manager (design work responsibility)
- Style guide and training for use of Plain English.
- We provide written notes.
Variable. We take account of your availability. We cannot guarantee being able to offer regular jobs. We will work with you to assess work that is suitable and how much time you can offer.
Travel may be necessary, usually in your local area. We will ensure this fits in with your own schedule if at all possible
Reasonable expenses will be repaid.
For an informal chat about this role please contact us on 0113 210 8800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org