Our events rely on volunteers to help ensure everything runs smoothly on the day. The events volunteer role is fun, varied and people facing. You may be the first face hundreds of supporters see. You may be the person handing out medals, or chatting to people on a stand. Whatever your role you will be part of a fantastic team creating a fantastic event.
What is the purpose of the role?
We are looking for enthusiastic and organised volunteers to help support the fundraising team by assisting them with the organisation and preparation of Epilepsy Action fundraising events.
- Supporting participants as they take part, by marshalling, cheering or handing out refreshments
- Meeting and greeting participants on arrival at events
- Help with administration and the set-up of the start/finish area
What skills and experience do I need?
- A friendly, approachable and enthusiastic attitude with good communications skills
- Reliable with the ability to maintain confidentiality
- Enjoy working as part of a team
What support and training will I receive?
Full training and support will be provided by a member of the team to ensure you are happy and feel comfortable in your chosen role.
What can I expect from the role?
The opportunity to:
- Gain event management experience and insight into the ways a national charity operates and raises funds
- Use and develop your communication and organisational skills
- Be part of a dedicated team of staff and volunteers working together to improve the lives of everyone affected by epilepsy
What will I receive in return?
- Constant support from your dedicated contact within the Fundraising Team who will be on hand at all times to answer any queries you may have
- By giving your time you will experience a sense of pride knowing you have made a difference to the lives of people with epilepsy.
Hours are dependent on chosen collection but roughly last between 2-3 hours.
Various locations within your local community.
Reasonable expenses will be repaid.
Do I need references?
For an informal chat about this role please contact us on 0113 210 8800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“As an events volunteer I have done loads of different things, from dressing as a reindeer to climbing Ben Nevis! It’s such a fantastic opportunity to meet new people and always a great laugh on the day.”