What is the purpose of the role?
To help raise awareness of epilepsy by sharing your personal experience with the media and through Epilepsy Action materials and web-based magazine and services.
- Take part in media interviews.
- Talk about a particular topic relevant to your experiences.
- Provide a quote about your experiences.
- Assist with our campaigns, PR events, and in promoting our services.
- Note: You need to be willing to share your story with journalists and to be photographed.
What skills and experience do I need?
- Personal experience of epilepsy – your own condition, a family member’s or as a carer of someone with epilepsy.
- Ability and willingness to talk to the media about your epilepsy and personal situation.
- Ability and willingness to promote Epilepsy Action’s helpline and website address within the interview.
What support and training will I receive?
Support from PR and campaigns manager. Senior PR and media officer (public relations).
We will usually discuss the interview with you and give you any information you need. We can provide written notes and advice.
- This depends on our work, your skills, and the type of work you are interested in. The type of work we offer you will fit in with your own availability.
Note: we cannot guarantee being able to offer regular jobs. We will work with you to assess the type of work that is suitable and how much time you can offer
Local travel may sometimes be necessary. National media interviews may involve travelling further. This is negotiable. You will not be expected to travel unreasonable distances.
Reasonable expenses will be repaid
For an informal chat about this role please contact us on 0113 210 8800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org