Mr John E S Jarrett MA MBA (1926-2007)
It was with sadness that the Association learned of the death on 11 June 2007 of Mr John Jarrett. Our thoughts and condolences go to John’s wife Margaret and his family.
John originally worked for British Epilepsy Association as its Deputy Director between 1972 and 1974 when he had particular responsibility for the Association’s advice and education work. John was always a committed and active member of the Association and after he left its employ, he returned to serve on the Council of Management during some of the most turbulent times in the charity’s history.
His resourcefulness and leadership as Chairman of the Council of Management between 1981 and 1985 helped to ensure the survival of the Association and contributed to its later growth and development.
In recognition of his devoted service, John was appointed a Vice President of the Association in 1986, a position he held until 2001. In further recognition of his contribution to the Association, John was awarded Honorary Life Membership in 2001.
- Deputy Director of British Epilepsy Association, 1972-1974
- Member of the Council of Management, 1979 to 1985
- Vice Chairman of the Council of Management, 1981
- Chairman of the Council of Management, 1981 to 1985
- Vice President of British Epilepsy Association, 1986 to 2001
- Honorary Life Member, 2001 to 2007