Latest news and blogs
The following medicines are currently out of stock:
- Carbagen 100 mg – 28 tablet and 84 tablet packs
- Carbagen 200 mg – 28 tablet packs
Some packs of Teva pregabalin 75 mg have the wrong strength printed on part of the pack. On affected packs the strength is printed incorrectly, as 25 mg instead of 75 mg, in one position on the foil (see picture below).
The Competitions and Markets Authority (CMA), the UK’s competition watchdog, has raised concerns about the behaviour of two pharmaceutical companies. They have criticised Pfizer and Flynn Pharma for charging ‘excessive and unfair’ prices for the epilepsy medicine phenytoin sodium capsules.
The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Authority (MHRA) has suspended the licence for the following epilepsy medicines made by Dr Reddy's Laboratories (UK) Limited:
- Levetiracetam Dr Reddy's 250 mg film-coated tablets
- Levetiracetam Dr Reddy's 500 mg film-coated tablets
- Levetiracetam Dr Reddy's 750 mg film-coated tablets
- Levetiracetam Dr Reddy's 1000 mg film-coated tablets