Fundraising Events Officer (maternity cover for 12 months)
Based at: New Anstey House, Gate Way Drive, Yeadon, Leeds, LS19 7XY
Salary: £25, 690
34.5 hours - This post is for a fixed term of 12 months to cover maternity leave from mid-January 2019
Epilepsy Action is looking for a highly motivated and organised individual to be part of its successful events fundraising team. This role will allow you to develop your fundraising and event organising skills in a friendly team oriented environment.
Delivering a wide range of fundraising opportunities and responsible for generating income, this role will include:
- Developing and organising a variety of national fundraising events, and seeking involvement in externally organised national or regional sports and challenge events.
- Generating income from events with individuals, groups and communities
- Maximising involvement and participation in events through a variety of marketing and promotional streams.
- Working with the Fundraising Events Manager to devise new opportunities and events.
- Reporting on income and expenditure against targets and other key performance indicators on a regular basis.
- Ensuring close collaboration with relevant staff and other stakeholders as appropriate..
This role is suitable for fundraisers with previous experience of organizing fundraising events. You will need excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences, both verbally and in writing.
In return we will offer you great flexible working conditions and a commitment to develop your knowledge, skills and abilities.
Closing date: 26 November 2018
Interviews: 13/14 December 2018 (you will be required to prepare a presentation if you are shortlisted for interview)
Job Ref: FEO1118
2 days a week for 12 months or freelance contract
Epilepsy Action would like to engage an epilepsy specialist professional to develop a funded project addressing epilepsy-related deaths. We are seeking an experienced epilepsy professional with skills in developing resources for healthcare professionals and patients.
Epilepsy Action is leading a project to ensure that people with epilepsy are fully informed about their condition and understand the risk of epilepsy-related death. Current guidance states that people with epilepsy (PWE) and their families should be told about the risk of epilepsy-related death. The project will build on recently synthesised research evidence and be delivered in partnership with appropriate organisations and healthcare professionals (HCPs).
A full project brief is available for reference:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your expression of interest to email@example.com by 26 November 2018.
Please include examples of your experience of:
- Developing resources
- Undertaking discussions of risks with people with epilepsy
- Facilitating groups of professionals and patients
- Delivering projects on time and to budget
Looking to volunteer?
- Application form [PDF] for either printing off and writing on, or completing electronically. Adobe Reader 11 or above is required to fill out this form. Download Adobe Reader for free.
- Microsoft Word version (can be used on other word processing software)
- Accessible version
Please send electronic applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and printed applications to Recruitment, Epilepsy Action, New Anstey House, Gate Way Drive, Yeadon, Leeds LS19 7XY
Epilepsy Action is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to the training and development of its staff.
Epilepsy Action is a Disability Confident employer. We encourage applications from disabled people. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria in the person specification.