When you visit your doctor, you could be asked if you would be willing to take part in a clinical trial. Clinical trials are research studies designed to test new treatments, with people receiving or not receiving specific treatments.
The following information will tell you more about clinical trials and answer any questions you may have.
- NHS Choices - Clinical Trials and Medical Research
- UK Clinical Research Collaboration - Clinical Trials: What they are and what they're not
- UK Clinical Research Collaboration - Understanding Clinical Trials
- Healthtalkonline - Experiences of Clinical Trials
If you are interested in taking part in a trial, then you could ask your doctor if they know of any that might be suitable for you. Alternatively, you could look at the websites below to find out about current clinical trials.
- UK Clinical Trials Gateway
- UK Clinical Research Network Portfolio
- International Federation of Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Associations Clinical Trials Portal
If you live outside the UK, your local epilepsy organisation may be able to give you information on trials where you live.