A seizure diary is a good way of recording information about your epilepsy. For example you can use it to make a note of:
- Your seizures and their types
- How long they last
- When you change anything about your epilepsy medicine
- Possible side-effects of your epilepsy medicines
- What other possible seizure triggers there might have been for you
- Your monthly periods, if you think they may affect when your seizures happen
You can share your seizure diary with medical professionals such as your family doctor, epilepsy specialist or epilepsy nurse. This can help you and the medical professional to have a two way conversation about what, if anything, needs to happen next in your treatment.
- Download a paper seizure diary (PDF file)
- Order a hard copy from our online shop or contact the helpline
Or you might like to have your seizure diary as a smartphone app.
Epilepsy Ireland has a new smartphone seizure diary app for people with epilepsy and parents of children with epilepsy. This epilepsy management app is currently only available for Apple devices.
The orgininal seizure diary app (with slightly fewer functions) is available for Apple and Android devices
- Updated April 2017To be reviewed April 2020