I’m Jan Paterson, my role is to manage the development and delivery of services across Wales and to promote Epilepsy Action Cymru.
I will have responsibility for project planning and the strategic development of community-based services including the network of volunteers, the provision of advice and information and the delivery of local events about epilepsy within Wales.
Our services include:
- Raising awareness and increasing understanding of epilepsy
- Lobbying and campaigning for a better future for people with epilepsy
- Representing the voice of people with epilepsy in Wales at strategic bodies
- Supporting people through our network of volunteers, branches and groups
- Organising information events for both people living with epilepsy and health professionals
- Organising and supporting local fundraising events
- Providing epilepsy awareness training sessions to groups who want to learn more about epilepsy. These include private employers, healthcare and service providers and schools
- Providing advice and information
- Organising local events about epilepsy