What's it about?
- Identifying essential support that women need
- Describing good standards of care
- Developing a pathway of stages or steps to support women
- Developing a patient-reported outcome, to measure impact in service and in future research
How can I take part?
You can take part if you are:
- A woman with epilepsy aged between 16 to 50 years
- A spouse or partner of a woman with epilepsy
- A carer, parent or friend of a woman with epilepsy
We welcome responses from everyone who takes part, but we are really interested to hear from people from the following areas:
- Scotland – Kircaldy (Fife)
- England – Liverpool and Knowsley
- Wales – Newport
- Northern Ireland – Belfast
What will I have to do?
We are inviting you to take part in the first stage of a study to develop a care pathway for women with epilepsy.
If you agree to take part, you will be invited to an interview or a focus group discussion about your experiences.
- Interviews will take place on the telephone or as a virtual face-to-face meeting by video call
- Focus groups will be held online, and as a virtual group meeting, or by video call
How do I get involved?
For more information or to take part you can contact the research team:
- Phone: 0151 556 3721
- Email: email@example.com
- Visit: http://tinyurl.com/epilepsypreconceptionstudy
Is there a deadline?
1 July 2021
Who is conducting the research?
A research team based at The Walton Centre NHS Foundation Trust and the University of Liverpool.