I was diagnosed with fractional Epilepsy 18 years ago. My epilepsy has changed a lot over the years having good periods and bad.
My consultant tried many different combinations of anti epileptic medication over the years but nothing was 100% successful. Even though I have never been seizure free I have never let it hold me back in leading a normal life.
▪ Newcastle College to complete a 2 year course in National Diploma in Art and Design. During my course I developed a passion for photography.
▪ At the age of 19 moved out of my parents to go to University in Middlesbrough.
▪ Went to London alone to meet a freelance photographer for work experience.
▪ After a 3 years completed a BA Hons Photography degree. (2.2)
▪ Didn't receive any extra help during my time at University because of my epilepsy.
▪ Have worked since I was 14 years old in many different occupations.
▪ Moved away from my parents again when finished my degree with a house share of 5 other girls.
▪ Travel alone and independently everyday.
▪ Enjoy a fantastic social life and regularly participate in a local netball league.
▪ Have a great boyfriend which I now live with in a beautiful flat.