There isn't just one reason to take part in the Great Wall of China Trek, there are 600,000! That's the number of people living with epilepsy in the UK right now.
When: 12 - 20 May or 8 - 16 September 2018
Where: Beijing, China
Other dates are available, visit the Global Adventure Challenges website for more information.
About the Great Wall of China Trek
The Great Wall of China has been voted one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. Stretching for 6,000km, it zig zags its way across China, snaking across mountains and through valleys.
This fantastic 5 day trek takes us over watch towers and mountains, and through historic battlement stations that are well off the tourist trail.
The event also enables participants to help repair a watch tower at the Badaling section of the wall. You will trek up temporary wooden steps and across rough, uneven terrain where you will each place bricks in this newly restored section.
The trekking on this challenge is hard, due to the amount of steps you will trek up and down each day - it can sometimes take an hour just to trek 1km on this glorious structure! Another highlight of this challenge is to conquer the 1,000 steps at Mutinayu - also known as the Heavenly Ladder.
Following the challenge, participants will have some free time to explore Beijing's famous sites, such as the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square.
There are two options available. Please decide which is best for you before registering. Find out more on the Global Adventure Challenges website.
- Option A: Registration fee £299, minimum fundraising pledge £2,700, plus airport tax and fuel surcharge contribution of £250
- Option B: Registration fee £299, self-funding payment £1,350, plus airport tax and fuel surcharge contribution of £250
How we will support you
All our participants will receive:
- A welcome pack full of fundraising tips to help you get started
- A free Epilepsy Action t-shirt
- Free training plans and kit list provided by Global Adventure Challenges
- Fundraising support and encouragement from our dedicated team
For further information
For further information about our overseas events, please contact our events team on +44 (0)113 210 8821 or email email@example.com