There isn't just one reason to take part in the Tanzania Kilimanjaro Trek, there are 600,000! That's the number of people living with epilepsy in the UK right now.
When: 18 - 28 June or 17 - 27 September 2020
Where: Tanzania, Africa
Other dates are available, visit the Global Adventure Challenges website for more information.
About the Kilimanjaro Trek
Mount Kilimanjaro, the highest freestanding mountain in the world and also the highest mountain on the African continent at 5,896 metres (19,340 feet), is a magnet for trekkers and climbers all over the world. Its snow-capped summit rises high above the dusty African plains. Spectacular views and beautiful ice formations are the reward for pushing your limits both physically and mentally on this challenge.
The trek takes you along the beautiful Machame route that approaches Kilimanjaro from the south, allowing gradual acclimatisation to the altitude and a great chance of reaching the summit. The trek takes you through dense tropical rainforest and moorland until you reach Uhuru Peak, the highest point. This is one of the most challenging charity treks at altitude, climbing one of the most impressive mountains in the world for simply breathtaking views. It is a tough but spectacularly rewarding route. On reaching the summit you will feel a sense of overwhelming achievement, a truly unforgettable challenge.
There are two options available. Please decide which is best for you before registering. Find out more on the Global Adventure Challenges website.
- Option A: Registration fee £399; minimum fundraising pledge £4,360, plus airport tax and fuel surcharge contribution of £250
- Option B: Registration fee £399, self funding payment £2,180, plus airport tax and fuel surcharge contribution of £250
How we will support you
All our participants will receive:
- A welcome pack full of fundraising tips to help you get started
- A free Epilepsy Action t-shirt
- Free training plans and kit list provided by Global Adventure Challenges
- Fundraising support and encouragement from our dedicated team
For further information
For further information about our overseas events, please contact our events team on +44 (0)113 210 8821 or by emailing email@example.com