We exist to improve the lives
of everyone affected by epilepsy

Epilepsy Action weekly lottery


With the Epilepsy Action weekly lottery, you can now support people with epilepsy and be in with a chance of winning £25,000 every week!

Sign up now

Enter now

Entry is easy. You can simply sign-up online or print and return the freepost form.

For every £1 played, 50 pence will go directly to support Epilepsy Action's work to help people live better with epilepsy. 

How it works

For just £1 per week you will be allocated a six digit Lottery number, which will remain yours for as long as you wish to keep playing. You can purchase more than one entry if you wish.

Every Saturday, the lucky winners are selected at random and prize cheques are issued and posted directly to you, so there is no need for you to claim. To win you have to match three, four, five or six digits of the winning number in the correct place in the sequence:

Six digits correctly placed - WIN £25,000
Five digits correctly placed - WIN £1,000
Four digits correctly placed - WIN £25
Three digits correctly placed - WIN 5 entries in the following weekend's draw

Players must be aged 16 years or over.

Full set of rules

Looking for the Epilepsy Action annual Draws? Visit our Spring and Christmas Draw pages.

Event Date: 
Friday 11 July 2014 - 09:56

Comments: read the 11 comments or add yours


Since I have Epilepsy, many times I drop to Floors/on Roads due to Epilepsy Fits. So Right Hand Fractured 3 times, Head 2 times. Due Epilepsy Fits & Right Hand/Head Fractured I have not any type of Service (Jobless). I have to take medicines During a Day as shown below
Epival 250 mg (0+0+1)
Atenolol (Tenormin) 50 mg (1+0+0)
Frisium 10 mg (0+0+1)
Lamital 50 mg (2+0+2)
Thyroxine 50 mcg (1+0+0)
Lumark 500 mg (Lerace) (1+1+1)
Xatral SR 5 mg (alfuzosin) (0+0+1)
Folic Acid Tablet BP 5 mg (1+0+0)
Vita-6, 50 mg (1+0+0)
Is there a way to get Medicine without payment, because I jobless?
Kindly Reply as soon as possible


Hello Tajuddin

Many thanks for your message. It sounds like you have had a tough time with your epilepsy.

The advice and information we provide is about the health service in the United Kingdom. As we are not familiar with the health service in Pakistan, it is difficult for us to answer your question. There are two organisations in Pakistan that I think it would be worth you contacting, as they may be able to answer your question and support you with your epilepsy. These are:

I hope that you find this information helpful and that you get the support you are looking for.

Epilepsy Action Advice & Information Team

Submitted by Karen, Epilepsy... on

Any advice would be very grateful...currently private renting a house, I have recently had a bad fall due to a epileptic fit resulting in broken bones. I'm worried sick if I had a fit and I fall down the stairs and it being fatal and unable to call for help. Would the council rehouse me to a property that is suitable for my health & well being? I'm 54 and live alone...

Submitted by tina Smith on

Hi Tina
It can be really worrying to live on your own when you have uncontrolled seizures.

We do have a lot of information about safety, which you might find useful. We also have information about various types of alarms.

You could contact your local social services department and ask for an occupational therapy assessment. There may be things they could suggest or even fund, which would help you feel safer. Or you could explain to your GP about how you’re feeling. They may be able to make the referral for you.

If you think a move would be best, then you need to talk to your local housing department. They would tell you about applying for council housing, taking into account your health condition. They would also be able to tell you about any local housing associations who may be able to help.

I do hope this is useful information for you. And that it helps you to feel more secure with your housing.

Epilepsy Action Advice and Information team

Submitted by Cherry, Epileps... on

Can you not apply to the local council for a ground floor flat as i have a flat in scotland and its a flat the only stairs i have is the stairs up to the flat on the the first floor no other stairs in the flat and i have epilepsy as well, go see your local MP DEMAND to speak to him as you vote for him well he don't know that you may, you keep him in a job, let me know how you get on, cos when i need anything from council and don't get it i DEMAND to speak to my local MP and its sorted as i don't give up its your right.

Submitted by John on

I've just read a comment from someone on here and would like to ask the same sort of question, my wife was diagnosed with epilepsy last year and it was a bit of a shock as at 38 it was her first seizure, me and my wife live in a council house with stairs and I worry everyday about living for work and her being on her own, we have asked for a occupational therapy assessment and are still waiting for that and also asked for a handrail (grab rail) up the stairs and also a shower to be fitted that was nearly 8mths ago in fact they agreed something needed to be done but then closed the case? we have asked to be transferred as with have a neighbour who use's her washing machine and hoover etc at 2-3 am which means my wife doesn't sleep, which then means she has seizure the next day. The council has said we need to bid on property's and given us 100 points, most property's people bid for go for 200-250 points so we don't have much chance, but also the council have said my wife doesn't apply for any medical points ??? so are they saying epilepsy isn't medical?? the council doesn't seem to understand what epilepsy is or what happens to people with epilepsy. any other ideas of people to turn to would be very helpful?????

Submitted by David on

Hi David

Sorry to hear you’re having such a difficult time with your council and housing.

Your council shouldn’t have a list of medical conditions they don’t automatically cover. When someone is asking for a medical condition to be taken into consideration, the council should look at that individual’s personal needs.

If possible try talk to your council again about your wife’s situation. Another option could be to talk to your local councillor.

To obtain information on your housing rights you could contact Shelter UK and your local Citizen Advice.

Please feel free to download any information from our website that may help with your situation. For example our general information on epilepsy, safety around the home and daily living aids may be helpful.

I hope this is of help.  If we can be of any more help, please feel free to contact us again. You can do this directly either by email helpline@epilepsy.org.uk or phone the Epilepsy Action Helpline freephone 0808 800 5050. Our helpline is open Monday to Friday, 8.30am until 5.30pm.


Epilepsy Action Advice and Information Team

Submitted by Diane@Epilepsy ... on

Is there a National telephone service for people with Epilepsy,for when they are feeling a bit low and depressed and maybe thinking of doing something silly,we know doctors or other such can help ,but they don`t fully understand the problems we face

Submitted by David on

Hi David

It is good to know there is someone you can talk to, who will understand, when things feel really difficult.

We have an advice and information helpline. It’s a freephone number 0808 800 5050.

Epilepsy Society have a listening service. You can talk for as long as you want, but it’s not a freephone number. It’s 01494 601 400.

And you probably already know, but Samaritans are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week They now have a freephone helpline number. It’s 116 123. They’re not specialist in epilepsy, but they are very skilled in supporting someone who is feeling very low.

It’s true that doctors don’t always understand what someone is going through. But it might well be worth talking to your GP anyway. It’s important that GPs knows how difficult things are. Because then they can at least tell you about possible ways to help the situation.

And maybe there is a different GP who you feel could be easier to talk to?

Here’s our information on epilepsy and wellbeing. You might find something useful in there.

If the information is for yourself, I very much hope things start to feel easier for you soon.

Epilepsy Action Advice and Information team

Submitted by Cherry, Epileps... on

Can I have a blue badge with epilepsy

Submitted by suzanne on